The importance of teeth to people is self-evident, but the health care of teeth is also easy to be ignored. People often have to wait until their teeth need to be “mended” before they regret. Recently, the American Reader’s Digest magazine pointed out five common sense to keep teeth healthy.
1. Floss every day. Dental floss can not only remove food particles between teeth, but also prevent a variety of gum diseases and inhibit bacteria that induce chronic infection and increase the risk of heart disease, stroke and lung disease. The latest research shows that brushing, flossing and mouthwash can reduce dental plaque by 50%.
2. White filler may not be good. The white synthetic filler is replaced every 10 years, and the amalgam filler can be used for 20% more time. Although some stomatologists question the safety of the latter, experiments have proved that the amount of mercury released is small, which is not enough to damage intelligence, memory, coordination or kidney function, and will not increase the risk of dementia and multiple sclerosis.
3. Tooth bleaching is safe. The main component of tooth bleach is urea peroxide, which will be decomposed into hydrogen peroxide in the mouth. The substance will only temporarily improve tooth sensitivity and will not increase the risk of oral cancer. However, this method should not be used too much, so as not to damage the enamel and cause dental caries.
4. Brush your tongue to improve halitosis. Bad breath shows that bacteria are decomposing food residues and releasing sulfide. Cleaning the tongue can not only remove the “film” formed by food particles, but also reduce the microorganisms that produce odor. A New York University study found that cleaning the tongue twice a day reduced halitosis by 53% after two weeks.
5. Do dental X-rays regularly. The American Dental Association suggests that dental X-rays should be done once every two or three years if there are no cavities and common floss; If you have oral diseases, do it every 6-18 months. The examination cycle for children and adolescents should be shorter.
Post time: Sep-30-2021